Wednesday, February 07, 2007

Alternative Ending

Usually every Wednesday friends from Uni and me go to the cinema. Orange Wednesday promotion and now StudentBean 2 for one makes it a lot cheaper, but today was the exception. So I’m in front of my computer writing this post which will refer to a movie I saw yesterday One Flew over the Cuckoo’s Nest.

The movie stars a young Jack Nicholson, a very hairy Dany DeVito (yes, Dany DeVito has hair) and the always crazy Christopher Lloyd among other loony characters. The film takes place in a mental institution back in the 1970’s, I won’t go on about the movie because if you haven’t seen it I will spool it for you and I recommend it very much.

Continuing with the reason being of this post; yesterday, that was actually today very early in the morning, when I finally went to sleep my subconscious not pleased with the ending of one of the characters, Billy Bibbit, decided to reinvent it to its liking.

So, I leave you with my subconscious alternative ending which is much nicer.

At the end of the movie Billy Bibbit escapes from the mental institution
with a girl, which is much younger then him. Destiny takes them to
incorporate in the music industry, where Billy has a hidden talent
as a composer. The unknown girl interprets his songs and both become
multimillionaires. With the unexpected success and multimillion earnings
they buy a house in remote and far away place. To get there, you have
to cross through a mountain region which was a mixture between the
Pennine region in
England, the Himalayas and the Alps from Europe.
The scenery created by my subconscious was amaaazing and breathtaking.
When they get there, their neighbours are fishing on an opening of the
mountains where the sea comes in. One of them gets swept away; Billy
goes to the rescue and saves the day.

Now, if you have seen the movie which ending you prefer, my version or the original one? If you haven’t seen it, then watch it. You’ll enjoy it a lot and let me know which ending you prefer.

2 comments:

aDn said...

hum? didn't get it. I actually am very sensitive when it comes to "mental institutions" themes (as part of the blue world i'm in). Anyway... I suppose your ending would be better, because I remember how depressed i got when I saw the movie.

Anonymous said...

You write very well.