Tuesday, April 03, 2007

Procrastinate

1. to defer action; delay: to procrastinate until an opportunity is lost.
2. to put off till another day or time; defer; delay.
3. To put off doing something, especially out of habitual carelessness or laziness.
4. To postpone or delay needlessly.

Sad but true, I tend to use this verb with much frequency day after day. A good example, on this precise moment I‘m writing this post and watching TV instead of giving the final touches to the last designs of my experimental work. I blame all this procrastination to technology. If I didn’t have internet I would not be thinking of what to post, waste hours of precious time looking at funny videos in youtube; if TV didn’t exist I would be reading a good book, if phones didn’t exist I would be writing a beautiful and long letter to my loved ones, if gossip wasn’t so interesting I would be debating about global warming. Ohhh… we are all doomed to find ways to procrastinate. What can be done to stop this? Too many distractions, so little time and too much work.

6 comments:

Caleb Rascon said...

i think your view on procrastination is a little off... here's an alternative to it:

http://www.zefrank.com/theshow/archives/2007/02/020707.html

oh yeah, thanks for the belated congratulations =)

Caleb Rascon said...

ah! that last one was crap:

it's better if you click here

i gota learn to use the preview button!

Anonymous said...

another pretext ...

you need to stop and think about what do you want!

Jessy said...

I still write long letter and send out by post, not so sure if it is beautiful!
Life is really "Too many distractions, so little time and too much work".
I just wish I can be retired now and hide in the peak district area growing organic vegetables and free range eggs and make big money!

Anonymous said...

you look sad in your new profile photo :(
& yeap, I'm moving my blog, I don't like to much msn spaces, almost finished!
I think to many distractions means to many opportunities to enjoy life. That's why it's important from time to time think about what are you doing. If you enjoy work & distractions, then probably stop worry about how fast days pass. Even with that there's no perfect job or perfect boss or perfect life, just your way to see the world.
My English is still so bad ..

ngo said...

N: Looked at your videos and I'm trying to avoid that way of procrastinating also, :(.

F: I'm kind of lost at the moment, i know where i want to go, but its sometimes difficult to follow a straight path.

J: Time management that is the real problem.