Friday, September 15, 2006

Right in front of you.

For some time now i have consider that men cannot look for things around the house. They could live there, but that doesn't give them any reason to know where things are kept. I will give you some examples of my experience with men and there lack of capacity to search for things.

Example no. 1. My Dad.

Dad: Nalleli could you get me some batteries.
Me: Yeah dad, I'll be right back.

5 minutes later, my dad is nowhere to be seen. After waiting for more than 10 minutes for him, I decide to leave the batteries some where it would be obvious he will find them, INFRONT OF THE THING HE NEEDS THEM FOR (do not remember what it was).

30 minutes later

Dad: Nalleeeeeeeli (screaming), where have you been? Where are the batteries I asked for half and hour ago?
Me: Dad, I left them in front of the thing.
Dad: Well I can not find them (angry tone).

I walk to the place, very slowly pick up the batteries and hand them to him.

Dad: mmmmhhh ( blank look). Well, you should have told me you where going to leave them there.

As always they find an excuse to blame it on someone else.

Example no. 2. New Housemates.

Yuca: Where is the DVD control?
Mex: I do not know.
Yuca: I had it a minute ago, help me look for it?

10 minutes later

Yuca: where could i have put it?
Mex: Did you check under the sofa?
Yuca: Yes, i even moved it, and check between the cushions.
Mex: Well, we can not find it, it will reappear.

5 minutes later


Me: Did you find the control?
Yuca, Mex: NO
Me: But you did look for it?
Yuca, Mex: Yes, we just couldn't find it.

1 minute later

Me: Found it.
Yuca: Where was it?
Me: Under a piece of paper... (with a big smile).
Mex: What type of paper was it?
Yuca: But, we did look for it. (Bewildered complexion.)

Searching for somethings doesn't require any physical strength. They moved sofas and coaches to look for the control, when they only thing they needed was to move a piece of paper, a baby could do that.


Example no.3.

Sailor: Land ahead.
Crew: Hurray!!!

Cristopher: Where are we?
officer: I think its India.
Christopher: Why do u think it took us so long to get here?
Officer: dunno

A few hours or weeks or months later.

Christopher: I think this is not India?
Officer: So, where do u think we are?
Christopher: dunno.

If it wasn't that the damn continent was so big, I think America wouldn't have been discovered. Ohhh...but i forgot, they where not looking for that.

Men can be helpful: fixing things around the house (though if you want a good job, call professional help), killing bugs and carring heavy loads; but the moment you tell them to look for something, their observation skill and patience just isn't enough.


4 comments:

Victor said...

I have one more example:

Guy: I think you have my book.
Nalleli: No, I don't.
G: Maybe not but look for it anyways.
N: No, i don't have it.
G: Come ooooon, just look for it maybe you forgot about it.
N: *sigh* Ok, but I'm positive I don't have it.

---some days later----
G: Found my book?
N: No I looked for it and it's not there.
G: Well, I looked for it too and I don't have it.
N: So?
G: You must have it then.
N: How many times do I have to tell you I don't have it?!?!?! I returned it to you a while ago. Now stop boverin' or I'm gonna spit on you!
G: Ok ok ok ok...easy with the spitting. Maybe you don't have it.
N: Damn right I DON'T.
G: sheesh ok...

----some more days later at N's house-----

G: Hi Nalleli, wassup?
N: Nothing, erm, everything's fine, erm, jijijiji (nervous laugh)...erm...look what I found in my room.
G: My book!
N (sweating): Erm yeah, it was next to my bed...jijiji
G: I told ya you had it!
N: Yeah, I'm sorry I'm just not good at looking for stuff. You were right all along and you're the king of everything.
G: I know, now kiss my hand and get outta my sight
N: *kisses hand and retreats defeated*

If you're wondering who the guy was I'll give you a little hint, first initial: M, second initial: E. ME! hehehe


By the by, I liked your post, it made me laugh especially the 3rd example. But I laughed harder whilst writing this comment ;)

ngo said...

In response to this comment all I have to say is that men tend to exagerate, so they won't look like fools.

Victor said...

I did exagerate. When I said I liked your post it was an exageration, I merely found it so-so. But you know how we men are ;)

aDn said...

LOVED IT!!!! haven't seen your blog for a while.... and was actually looking at mine... when i realised there was nothing to look for in it... since I wrote it and I already know what it is.